For most, the belief that a degree is the only way forward finding a job in China, For me I was a Basic achiever, and to be honest it is a prerequisite, loosely stated by the Chinese Government, on the schools operating there!
This is ”as needs require” and workload on the Schools that determine how the rules are bent or adhere to, now for infant schools in particular, the needs over come the rules and they will find a way to get you ‘IN’once then like you.
In my early days finding a job was never a problem, 2005 and up to 2017 i could walk into a English school did a Demo after researching teaching technique’s.
My first few interviews were stupid not being teacher oriented or skilled, but through these failures I began to understand what was required from my interviewers, this is about learning from your mistakes and screw ups and apply to the task to get a job.
- 1 : Degree a must?
- 2 : International or State Employment
These strangely varied in requirements, some schools will allow you to sit an interview even if you don’t have teaching qualifications to certificates, TOEFL/ CELTA, ETC… They have the ability to make things happen if they see your attitude and approach as a performer in front of the class. It’s about your energy and ability to perform in any given situation, being happy and outgoing works every time.
Teachers for toddlers and children up to 10 years old is much needed for area of work , Teachers pay is higher and you are offered benefits outside the norm to keep you i.e. Apartment/ health funding/ flight/ good holidays…
- 3 : International schools finding a job here, will now tend to ask for Certifications, as mentioned above, but i actually did a 20 hr Class room crash course before leaving the UK.
So this would show determination to teach. Schools may consider this a passion and start you with the intention to continue your studies while in employment, with financial support its a small investment for them with high turnover and profits of new students
- 4 : Online Sales and support for international customers,this area of work is under-subscribed and much needed English spoken job opportunities are available for thriving new companies and established ones
- 5 : Website Resources:
- www.shenzhenparty.com, http:/
- /www.china.org.cn and recruitment pages
- WeChat Groups / FB Expat Groups-
Modelling for ladies and kids is lucrative and quite easy to find as these sites promote this kind of work constantly, These are well informative popular English language sites and owned by foreigners.
- 6 : Dance teachers-Latin-Modern and Pop
Have a demand as the Chinese are seeking awareness and equality with all things imported. They also have the money in the Big Cities, where families are constantly pushing their offspring’s to be everything and better than their counterparts so ”THE MORE YOU STUDY THEN BIGGER YOU WILL BECOME’ is the view i experienced living in china several years
- The EMPEROR SYNDROME comes into play and being better and richer than your neighbor is ever more evident in this culture, found in the new China in such Cities like Shenzhen, Beijing, or Shanghai
I hope this Post has been of particular cultural interest about China
Your comments would be well received below