Applying for a Chinese Visa within HONG KONG:
UK! Understanding The Visa System:
Why not begin the process of getting your Chinese visa application online today
In the past few years application to china was nothing but a nightmare, from running around from here to there
Best and safest routes to apply for Chinese Visas. The obvious places to begin is to apply to the Country specific Embassy in your country!
Also, the options of using an Agency to walk you through or even complete, check and qualify the forms you gave them, this ensures that your application will not fail because of incorrect or missing information as these forms can see daunting at first right?
I have applied for visas in UK- china- Hong Kong and indeed in Malaysia and OZ
The bottom line is pretty much the same, that your passport, residential and personal info are a must produce and a form collectively keep these important info together, SO then, it is mega easy and important to approach this like making a shopping list, and applying is organised and no fuss, maybe to have a special transparent folder to keep everything safe and secure, there is nothing like arriving and finding some small item of info is missing and you have to toddle off back home and start again, at travel and time costs.
So here are my sequence of steps to move you along smoothly and easily:
There are three Chinese Visa Application Service Centers (CVASC) in the UK
1 >UK APPLICATIONS and downloadable forms:
Contact your Chinese embassy, Numbers below, an appointment must be made in advance to even be seen at their Offices in either: LONDON: 0207 2060589/ MANCHESTER: 0161 2248672/ EDINBURGH: 0131 2292519
London – 12 Old Jewry, London, EC2R 8DU
Tel: 0207 2060589
Edinburgh – 2nd Floor, Exchange Tower, 19 Canning Street, City of Edinburgh, EH3 8EG
Tel: 0131 2292519
Manchester – First Floor, 75 Mosley Street, Manchester, M23HR
Tel: 0161 2248672
- You can elect to go online Chinese embassy on the VISA section CLICK and navigate to the application section, there you have a calendar which will offer you free appointment days from current day, Make your choice of a suitable date and continue to sending your application [your personal info details] so that it can register and schedule your choice.
- This page will also state ll the documents you require on arrival to your appointment, don’t be uncomfortable about this interview its is simple just needing to see the person and ask a few simple questions, Purpose of travel, where you expect to travel during your stay and who will support you if not yourself
- Make an online appointment for application submission by clicking on the above link. Select the Office where you are applying to (e.g. London). Click on Appointment icon and following the steps provided.
- Obtain a queue number on arrival at the Office and submit your application when your number is called
- There are two options available for collecting your visa and passport
Collect in Person
- Return to the Office on the collection day.
- Pay at the Office when your queue number is called.
- Collect your passports and check all details prior to leaving the building.
Return by Post
- Provide a Stamped Self Addressed Royal Mail Special Delivery Envelope for return delivery.
- Complete the Payment Authorisation Form (debit cards only accepted)
- If you have chosen to have your passport returned by post, an additional service fee of £15 (exclusive of VAT) will be applied.
You will need the following for your application:
One Entry Visa application form per person – No field should be left blank – This can be completed online and printed. Alternatively, you can download the form and complete it by hand
- One recent passport photograph per application, with the name of the applicant written on the back and attached with a paper clip to the application form.
- Booking Confirmation Invoice from Travel Department
- Appropriate hotel booking in China
- Proof of round trip flight
- Your passport/s
- Completed Declaration form.
- The Fee for a UK Passport holder is £66.00 per person based on a standard 4 working day service.
Note: country of your residence may offer similar features and application methods just by going online with your google search [Chinese Visa application]/ remember again, [you may see loads of Agencies offering a fee for their service].
Most I might add are at a premium cost. But offer faster services and take the strain out of Visiting Visa offices to collect your VISA, or you may have opted in DURING the application to ”SEND IN POST” where you need to purchase [at a postal office] Registered postal envelopes as in [UK Royal Mail service] a certain reference on the envelopes are a surefire way to protect your mail and sees it returned as safely from the sender once processed.
- Time of appointment collect
- For Business applications you will need supporting company invitation letter on Headed company format, Rubber stamped Signed, with Contact Name, Number and Email. Now also requiring Itinerary of your stay and travel locations which is reasonable as a business person you will have this schedule.
For Working applications you will need supporting company invitation letter on Headed company format, Rubber stamped Signed, with Contact Name, Number and Email. Now also requiring Itinerary of your stay and travel locations which is reasonable as a business person you will have this schedule
- Go online choose appointment date, prepare documents,
- Photos from high street booth, x 2
- Complete application form online and download to print off.
- Note your appointment date at embassy and with your
My experience with applications in UK have been Effortless
Contact via the links above I can recommend, or your own google search
- download app form,
- discuss with Agent fee and time for processing Visa and returns
- photo ready x 2
- prepare passport, supporting documents and letter from your sponsor,
- send recorded delivery for Post office [keep copy of receipt]
- send in to Agents and confirm delivery and receipt of the documents
- WAIT FOR DOCUMENT, keeping tabs of dates for returns
It is also available to have Visa on arrival at Hong Kong or then boarder ports to China, Luoho/ Futian/ Shenzhen bay/ Shekou ferry port/ and apparently takes 1 hr to 2 hr from feedback i received?
Visas are in fact not normally rejected you would have to have some extraordinary criminal record ow similar to prevent this. also, then wealth of choice in applying is out there and some cost more than others using certain agencies, but the bottom like to this is preparation, and having the documents listed on the site links I put on this post.
Visas can be issued in 10 to 14 days, more if you are opting to the express delivery and process. But if you know you are going to travel then allow up to a month minim prior to date to leaving, this is THE SAFETY ZONE period
You can now fly to Shenzhen directly from LHR > SHENZHEN [stop BEIJING] so unless you want the scenic route through HONG KONG this is another way with less worries?
- Was this Post what you were looking or or the information useful or interesting to you?
- Are you less or more confident to visit China in the future?
- which option would you prefer choosing your application/ agency/online/arrival or embassy?
It would also be great to hear your thought on this article
All comments or ideas, I am only too happy receive on the form below: