Do You Know Where Gambia is? ”Officially the Republic of The Gambia, A West African Country. Noted as the smallest in mainland Africa, and encircled by Senegal, except for its western coast facing the Atlantic Ocean” measuring less than 30 miles wide at its widest! And narrow mostly, A densely Popluated Area the country boasting…
Prelude: This conversation was raised with me today in a wechat discussion. It was from someone I had little to do with or heard from in over 2 years. # An acquaintance in a coffee shop I have long since forgotten# I was asked this question though I am not Chinese however I redirected it…
Carolina Maria De Jesus Born Brazil (14 March 1914 – 13 February 1977) Carolina Maria de Jesus (14 March 1914 – 13 February 1977) was a Brazilian writer who lived most of her life in a favela (slums) of São Paulo, Brazil. She is best known for her diary, which was first published as Quarto de Despejo (Dumping Room, published in English as Child of…
Talking Loudly Why Do Chinese People Talk Loudly~ Without Shame? There’s a Buzz going around worldwide that Chinese are too LOUD in conversations and excessively Expressive in Social private and business environments?? … Really? I wish to examine this Claim with my hands-on Observation. From my experiences as a traveller to worker and business…
Introduction: One-child policy China’s OCP program! The One child policy restriction on childbirth to ethnic families in china over the years has hit a serious problem, there just isn’t enough children, Also the ratio boys to women is crucially unbalanced, Leaving the future generation with family problems, Statistics show [TFR] Total Fertility Rate per…
- Portals on Mauna Loa 20/01/2021The deep history of the cosmos is captured and comingled in this haunting film of the eruptions of the Mauna Loa volcanoBy Psyche FilmWatch at PsychePsyche Film
- The history of humiliation points to the future of human dignity 20/01/2021Humiliation requires a complicit audience. To become truly ‘decent societies’, we need to educate people against joining inBy Ute FrevertRead at PsycheUte Frevert
- How to be lucky 20/01/2021Most of us think that luck just happens (or doesn’t) but everyone can learn to look for the unexpected and find serendipityBy Christian BuschRead at PsycheChristian Busch
- On the consolatory pleasure of jigsaws when the world is in bits 20/01/2021It’s not memory that makes us human but meaning-making. When life falls apart, jigsaw puzzles help us put some pieces backBy Melanie McGrathRead at PsycheMelanie McGrath
- Should smartphone data be harnessed to track mental health? 19/01/2021Mental health symptoms affect your behaviour online. This could be harnessed to improve detection and treatmentBy Simon D’AlfonsoRead at PsycheSimon D’Alfonso
Show Humanity Where it is Needed
Reading, Relaxing, Learning Concept
The Dog Lover’s Companion to the Pacific Northwest: The Inside Scoop on Where to Take Your Dog (Dog Lover’s Companion Guides)
The Official Baseball Atlas: A Sports Travel Guide 1994
Travel Photography: The Leading Guide To Travel And Location Photography (Footprint – Lifestyle Guides)
AWEBER Life is Easier
World Interest and Knowledge Articles
- Pension pot problems solved 14/01/2021As an increasing number of pensions are reported as being neglected, we come to the rescue with useful advice on how to make the most of your savings when it comes to planning for later life.With the help of listener Matthew we give you the answers you need, and simplify what can be a very […]Which?
- Brexit deal explained: the impact on your money 07/01/2021With a long awaited trade deal between the UK and European Union finally agreed, we look at what it means for your wallet. We ask what the impact could be on your money, on your travel plans, and if you can expect an unwelcome surprise at the supermarket till. See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.Which?
- 2020 review: the year nobody predicted 28/12/2020Lucia Ariano is joined by Which?'s regular money experts Gareth Shaw and Jenny Ross as they look back at some of the biggest financial stories of the year. They include the financial repercussions of the Covid-19 pandemic, and a look ahead to how we might start paying the bill over the next twelve months. See […]Which?
- How can you cash in this Christmas? 24/12/2020Lucia Ariano is joined by Which?'s Head of Consumer Rights Adam French to discover how you could make some money from your unwanted Christmas gifts, as well as all the important advice you need on refunds and receipts. See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.Which?