FOR THE RECORD
Fear of long-distance travel
It may be well-known to some but there are a Scientific evaluation and symptom that prevents long-distance travelling and raises anxiety
Hodophobia – The Fear of Travelling is the irrational and intense fear of travel. It is a personalized phobia – some people may fear to go a certain distance away from their house.
Others may fear certain types of transportation – planes, trains, boats, ships, road travel (although fear of flying is separate than hodophobia)
The Unknown Culture
Travel has a dream-like appeal and removes us from our mundane or routine lifestyles and work, it gives us something to look forward to annually or bi-annually if your budget allows. More so if you are considering a long term or permanent Relocation or life abroad?
For many people, the obvious choice or comfort zones are, Europe and USA, with familiar backgrounds and not too dissimilar fundamental social values and expectations
However the thought of Asia automatically triggers a different collection of ideas and fears, these heightened concerns quickly fall into our minds and start eroding the very beauty of travel and experiences we can obtain if we actually commit to the trip, Thoughts like:
- what if I am sick, emergency?
- Language How to ask!?
- unknown virus and diseases,
- civil riots and demonstrations
- attacks and disappearance for persons
- how to ask for important help, I.e doctor/ police/dentist/ ambulance
- finding a chemist and getting what I need if I was on medication/ drugs?
the list goes on and on from our TV news and media papers, what else should we assume or think?
Emergency numbers/ banks/police/and more, are found on this link: <emergency numbers>
What makes anyone decides on giving up what they are comfortable with and moving into an unknown raw society and lifestyle?
Is it a need to prove something?
Or the pressure of not being happy with our lot
Maybe uncertainties that lay ahead against the certainties of current situation and future is less attractive?
Can it be the fear of not taking steps to be who we really want to be, to allow us to develop in other ways we may really like and embrace?
Taking stock of ourselves, be pioneering, Are qualities we aspire and seek I believe
What holds us back?
What really is the true organic reasons we don’t take that step.
- Comfort zones?
- Laziness to act?
- Passion and conviction in executing our desires and wants?
- existing commitments that offers no way out,
- fewer possibilities that deem this a no! no!?
I guess all of us has our crosses to bear and skeletons in the cupboard, so what makes you a ‘no goer’?
Are seeking safety:
Maybe just a no-fuss situation, after all, who needs it, right?
My Take On this:
I cannot compare the reason between you and me, however, I can express an undefinable urge to take things and run with them given the opportunities that rear themselves, and an educated guess that comes into play at the decision-making time! but I knew this simple fact that if you haven’t lived abroad at least once, you are missing a significant experience and self-assessment time.
Anyone that takes action based on gut feelings or promises really are leaving yourself open to serious misfortunes and dissatisfaction,
hence, decisions, as I see, is comparable to being told this freshly baked lemon meringue pie is tasty and I will like it. But never having seen it, tasted it, or smell it.
The strangest thing is that some people do make these kinds of decisions being told by a good friend how good something is and proceeding to engage in it. Or this product is gonna make you rich,
From timeshares in the 90’s, cruises, holiday destination or even hotels. Without some personal research and studies and feedback
So what and why do we seek revelation and satisfaction to our needs with travel, holidays and making a new life elsewhere from our native Comfort surroundings?
I have experiences Europe, USA and the Eastern block Countries, also the west indies
and Africa, most of these were via my service aboard a UK Warship.
These experiences I recall not being as exciting or holiday scenarios, but they gave me
the inspiration and interest to continue and pursue other interests in the travelling
and getting my feet wet [pardon the pun] travelling
I wanted to claim better awareness of the world and cultures before I was too old decrepit ready to depart this mortal coil.
More optimistically I wanted to find the uniqueness and triggers of cultural traditions where contraventions and social attitudes differ from mine and what it accustomed me
Points to bear in mind: Expats who are in China
- Make sure you have a legal contract with your company and just double check if the company provides you international health insurance.
- Also, you can negotiate different allowances like lodgings, airfare travel if the job supports.
- Bring RMB 10,000 [£1100] on arrival to China to keep you afloat 3+ months for frugal and conservative use.
- The Government requirements for all foreigners are you are permitted 48 hrs to register at the nearest [ PSB ] police station (处所) If you are renting an apartment.
- In most cases however, Hotel Booked accommodations, will be automatically registered,
- They will register for you it’s legality.
- Choosing a place to live depends on cost and social proximity to the city for some people, further away from the city is cheaper but can be little less Beautiful or offer less of the convenience we are accustomed. Use an agency in the high street, or log on to some house-sharing groups on We-Chat, there you will find better choices and a community that has foreigners to communicate more freely, also they take the sting out of paying more than you would do with deposits and additional fees.
- China is China like no where else and expectations of a foreign nature will not always be met, hence the reasons you have decided on going to live there or travel, just be ready to see overcome and enjoy the experiences, it gets easier as you do.
- There is never a dull moment
- Buying and transactions should only be done in malls and establishments you meet but, never with an individual in the street or small-time joint, WeChat and zhifu bao [alipay] E-commerce websites – Tmall / Taobao are fine they are accountable.
Walking around viewing homes and apartments can be Grueling in the heat. China and Hong Kong are beautiful locations and can be underestimated especially during the summer periods May to Sept, so don’t get caught short unprepared, water water and more water have with you. don’t fall into the ”mad dogs and English men” scenario.
GROUND BREAKING NEWS FROM CHINESE GOVERNMENT:
IS A VISA FREE ZONE/ DESTINATION FOR CITIZENS OF 59 COUNTRIES
This news is unprecedented and allows travelers to enjoy the Island without the application for a VISA as normal for the rest of china?
let’s start with Meeting and engaging in all there is to experience in our short life. These are the riches we all can relate to and enjoy, forget the material and power struggle distractions
China and Asia are modern and quickly moving in technological breakthrough, lifestyle, interactive and social media, and society, it’s a Buzz and constantly alive,
As Morpheus said in the Movie Matrix:
”Is that not worth fighting for,” ” is it not worth dying for”
A Special Story for You From China
THE STORY OF MULTAN: During a period of chaotic history in ancient China, wars were frequent.
The rulers imposed conscription, and every household had to have one man for military service.But there is no man in Hua Multan’s family strong enough, her young brother and elderly father are too weak to be a soldier.The draft notices went out and her father was on the draft.She could not bear to see her father go to war at his age, so she disguised herself as a man to serve in his father’s stead.After years of war she returned to her hometown, comrades found Multan was a woman.
HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS POST
- Did this post offer useful info for you?
- Do you have a Question?
- Is China now a more interesting possible destination?
All comments will be responded to below.
Any links you clicked on this site and buy products, May result in me receiving affiliate commission. You will not pay more by buying when you click My suggested and related product links, Purely a measure of my research or personal experience leads me to believe it may be helpful and useful to you. Thanks in advance for your support
My Other Blog Sites
LIKE GAMES ? TRY BOGGLE